A Market surprise is common. They didn’t realise that their competitor supplied to a worldwide manufacturer. We couldn’t believe they didn’t know either, but that knowledge was worth £10m+ of very winnable business. Companies focus on the day job and often miss the most obvious of things. And this is where CI can reveal amazing results, even if you do it yourself.
Market Surprise: How Intelligence can help
- Assist getting mergers and acquisitions
- Shift strategies in time to match the changing realities
- Firstly, common mandate in military intelligence is to reduce uncertainty for policy makers
- Big picture and long range forecasts
- Helps avoid strategic surprise
- Finally, what indications that a competitor is to make a particular move