Planning and decision intelligence questions
This article presents examples of planning and decision intelligence questions to assist your own question preparation. Great questions are the best way to create great intelligence. However, it’s not just a case thinking up a smart question to catch all about a competitor or market. You have to guide the decision maker to take action.
What are they planning?
- What does your competitor do? – Not as simple and straightforward question as it seems.
- Do their actions match their words?
- Where do they compete, which customers and niches?
- How are they going fight in the future?
- Are their strategic objectives achievable and will they clash with yours?
- What options do we have to compete in this changing world?
- How will you differentiate against them? Can you isolate vulnerabilities to exploit?
- What is their buying system for the MOD and what is the best route to market?
- Who is backing them and what is their real financial state?
- What is their pricing strategy?
- What's their real financial performance?
- What are implications for our company if we move into that market?
- What is the planned filing procedure in Europe for regulatory approval?
- Also, what's the dosage of the drug?
- Is the company aiming for a premium price?
- What about their marketing strategies?
- Which companies should we acquire to develop market share in that area?
- Should we move into that market?
- How do our competitors plan to compete for the future?
- What is their vision, their strategic intent?
- How committed are they to achieving their declared Strategic objectives?
- How and where might their objectives conflict with ours?
- What is the range of options open to us for dealing with unfolding new realities?
- Does their performance and activities match the mission? If not why not?
- What vulnerabilities can we exploit? Where do we not want to compete with them?
About Octopus Intelligence
When you need to win more business, when you need greater certainty when investing and making important decisions, and when you just need to beat your competitors, we answer the questions when you just need to know.
We understand we live in an increasingly uncertain, competitive and ever-shifting world. And what you need is an active real-world business development strategy.
The UK based Competitive Analysis consultants with a global client base. Offering Competitive intelligence-based growth-focused actions. To answer the what and the how for the now and the next.
So we help you beat competitors, increase sales, be disruptive, enter new markets and invest with more certainty. As Competitor Analysis and Market Intelligence consultants, we offer Strategic Intelligence. Competitive Intelligence and background checking.
We are Octopus the global Competitive Intelligence service company.
And, get in touch with Octopus via our contact us page.
And here are some more articles from Octopus:
What is Competitive Intelligence?